Constructing Modern Knowledge is back for a 7th year, July 8-11, 2014 in Manchester, NH.
- Hard Fun!
- Four Days of Action Constructing Modern Knowledge is not a conference. The majority of time will be spent working alone or collaboratively on projects with your computer, high tech gizmos and traditional materials while supported by some of the best educators on the planet.
- Amazing Guest Speakers Including Treehouse Master Pete Nelson, Edith Ackerman, Mitchel Resnick, Joey Hudy, Cam Perron
- Reception at MIT Media Lab Begin the Big Night Out in Boston with a reception at the legendary MIT Media Lab, hosted by Professor Mitchel Resnick, creator of Scratch and Director of the Lifelong Kindergarten Research Group.
- Cam Perron - Guest Speaker By high school, Cam was one of the world's preeminent experts on Negro League baseball players. His remarkable accomplishments were profiled by HBO's Real Sports.
Guest speakers include Pete Nelson, Edith Ackermann, Mitchel Resnick, and other exceptional thought leaders.
The Big Night Out in Boston will begin with a reception at the world-famous MIT Media Lab, hosted by Professor Mitchel Resnick, creator of Scratch and Director of the Media Lab’s Lifelong Kindergarten research group..
This year’s Constructing Modern Knowledge Big Night in the City, features an exciting reception at the MIT Media Lab, before you head out and explore the Boston area. Our institute dinner will once again be at an all-you-can-eat Brazilian churrascaria. Participants also receive a collection of open-ended creativity software to use and keep.
While the rest of the country is sweltering from the summer heat, Manchester (known to the locals as “Manch Vegas”), NH is cool, quaint and filled with great restaurants.
Look around this new web site! Check out the speaker bios, remarkable faculty and register today. Consider the unique CMK 2014 program and activities. The super early-bird registration makes the CMK 2014 bargain even more affordable.
The following are participant reflections from our recent institute. They should help you understand the unique nature of CMK.
- “Making” as Meaningful Professional Development
- A Magical World Where Time Stood Still for Awhile
- Finding Your Courage
- Jazz Music and Constructing Modern Knowledge?
Register today! Space is extremely limited!
Add your email address to our mailing list for updates on CMK 2014 and for information on the forthcoming Los Angeles Education Speaker Series!