Invent To Learn Workshops for Families
Gary Stager and his Constructing Modern Knowledge teammates love working with children and their parents. These hands-on and minds-on workshops create exciting learning experiences in which parents come to value learning-by-making. The emphasis is on action, creative expression, and hard fun! Parents who participate in these workshops become advocates for classroom making and project-based learning.
Teachers may participate and even bring their own kids.
We provide all of the materials necessary for centers featuring the following maker activities:
- Wearable computing and e-Textiles (make interactive clothes and jewelry with LEDs, conductive thread and more!)
- Arduino microcontrollers
- LEGO WeDo robotics
- Art, mathematics, and computer programming via Turtle Art
- Interactive greeting cards
- Floor turtles
- Little Bits and other electronic construction kits
- Hummingbird and Finch robotics construction kits
- Discounted copies of the book, Invent To Learn – Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom, may be provided, one per family, for an additional fee.
photos courtesy of American School of Bombay