Save the date!
Educon 2.1 Preconference Event
I’m pleased to announce a one-of-a-kind educational event for January 22, 2009 at Philadelphia’s Science Leadership Academy. Constructing Modern Math/Science Knowledge is a minds-on institute for K-12 teachers, administrators and technology coordinators looking for practical and inspirational ways to use computers to enhance S.T.E.M. learning. Constructing Modern Math/Science Knowledge is a preconference event @ Educon 2.1
Our presenters represent high-tech pioneers and seasoned veterans at the forefront of innovation in math, science and computing.
- Brian Silverman has been involved in the invention of dozens of Logo versions (including LogoWriter & MicroWorlds), Scratch, LEGO robotics and the PicoCricket. An incomparable presenter, Brian is a Consulting Scientist to the MIT Media Lab, a brilliant mathematician and master tinkerer.
- Carolyn Staudt is a veteran science educator who leads professional development for the Concord Consortium. She will be leading presentations and workshops on scientific modeling with open-source computing tools.
- Ihor Charischak is a veteran mathematics educator and active NCTM member who recently retired from the Stevens Instiute of Technology’s Center for Innovation in Engineering and Science Education. He will lead workshops on “Mathematics and Computing Innovation for Monday Morning.”
- Dr. David Thornburg is the Director of the Thornburg Center for Professional Development and The Thornburg Center for Space Exploration. He has been at the forefront of educational technology since the 1970s.
- Dr. Gary Stager is the day’s keynote speaker and organizer. He is a Visiting Professor at Pepperdine University, Executive Director of the Constructivist Consortium and a popular education journalist.
The day features a keynote address, two plenary sessions, a choice of four workshops run twice and closing panel discussion.
Come to Constructing Modern Math/Science Knowledge and stay for Educon 2.1!
More specific information about the day’s sessions will be published in the near future.
Registration includes the complete conference program and lunch. Bring your own laptop!
Save $35 by taking advantage of early-bird registration before November 1st.
Super early-bird registration (before November 1) – $90
Early-bird registration (before December 15) – $120
Regular registration – $130
You may register for both Constructing Modern Knowledge M/S and Educon 2.1 with one click.
Click here for hotel and travel information.
1 CEU from Pepperdine University is available for an additional fee.
Download & print the Constructing Modern Math/Science Knowledge poster.
Registration is Limited – Click here to register today!
Posted September 3, 2008 in: Event by garystager